Customer service, sales, hiring, payroll – the day and life of a small business owner is never dull. But where does social media marketing fit in on your daily to-do list? Admit it, many times it rolls over to the next day and possibly the one after that. We get it.
Social media is like a pot of boiling water – it takes consistent heat to boil the water. Same with social media. All it takes is a few simple tasks done daily to see success with social media.
We put together a list of 9 simple but effective social media tasks you can easily slot into your daily calendar. They only take 60-seconds each to implement from start to finish.
9 Tasks, 60 Seconds Each – Go!
- Find two tweets on Twitter to retweet. Acknowledge a customer, a prospect or influencer and let them know you think their ‘work’ was great. We can all appreciate a pat on the back.
- Brainstorm three ideas for blog posts. Set a timer for exactly one minute. You may be surprised what you come up with.
- Visit three Facebook pages and like two posts on each one. This is a great way to have customers, prospects and influencers notice you.
- Open up your blog analytics and reshare the best performing blog post within the last 60 days. You’ve some great content, expose it to new followers.
- Email a client and ask how they’re doing. No sales talk, no ulterior motive.
- Google yourself and your company. Did someone mention you in a blog post? Comment on any blog post that Google turns up.
- Research popular hashtags for your business. Go to hashtagify.me and find a targeted hashtag to add to your next social media update.
- Endorse someone on LinkedIn. Acknowledge someone for their skills and achievements. Build some social capital.
- Share one 3rd party blog post. Work toward establishing yourself as the expert in your niche. Research a popular article on BuzzSumo and reshare it. Learn more about content curation.
Want more quick hitting ideas? Continue reading 7 One-minute Social Media Marketing Growth Ideas When You’re Pressed for Time.