Twitter no longer supports creating RSS feeds for Twitter accounts. Luckily there is a very easy workaround that will give you instant access to Twitter RSS feeds. dlvr.it has made it super simple to create an RSS feed of your Tweets. We’ll show you how to make a Twitter RSS feed from any Twitter account, a customized Twitter search, a Twitter list and hashtags.
We will not only show you how to create a Twitter RSS feed, but we’ll show you how to auto-post tweets to Facebook, find new customers, and boost traffic with your new RSS feed for Twitter.
Plus, dlvr.it can help you do so much more with your Twitter RSS feeds. For example, once you create the Twitter feed URL, you can customize it by adding filters or personalizing the stream by adding prefixes and suffixes for auto-posting to other places.
How to Make a Twitter RSS Feed
First, you will need to log in or create an account at dlvr.it.
1) Once logged in to your dlvr.it account, Click ‘Add a Feed’ to create a new feed.
2) Click the Twitter icon
3) Twitter requires we share with them who is accessing the Twitter stream you’ll be entering on the next step. Associate a new personal Twitter account or choose a previously connected account to your new Twitter stream input.
NOTE: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE TWITTER ACCOUNT you want to create an RSS feed from on the next screen.
4) Under Account, ADD the Twitter handle you want to pull from. Update any settings, add filters, choose when you want dlvr.it to pull information, etc. Click Save.
5) Click Continue
6) Click “+”.
7) Choose the RSS icon.
8) Name the new feed. Click Save.
9) You will be directed back to the route you just created. Click on your Socials tab.
10) Click on the Settings icon under the Feed that you just created. Find the Feed URL on the first screen that you are brought to.
I’ve included eight additional uses of a Twitter stream that you can easily implement to boost traffic, improve engagement with influences, or keep an eye on your competition using any Twitter handle and dlvr.it. Click the links to learn how to implement these ideas.
Boost Traffic to Your Blog and Twitter account
- Retweet your Favorited tweets on a schedule
- Cross post Tweets to Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, APP.net
Engage the Press and Influencers
- Combine the Twitter accounts of the influencers and press that cover your market, filter for keywords of interest and repost to your twitter stream
- Set-up auto-retweets when your business or any specified keyword is mentioned from specific Twitter users
Organize and Read Later
- Filter and send your Twitter Lists to an RSS reader to read later
- Collect videos and pictures in your timeline (or any Twitter user)
Monitor Your Competition
- Get an alert anytime your competition Tweets. Create an RSS feed using your competitor(s) Twitter handle and use http://blogtrottr.com/ to send an email when the competition tweets.
Have more ideas? Add them in the comments.